- Business area
- Technical Service
- United Kingdom
As part of the INTEGRA Support team, the Service Technician will assume responsibility and play a key role in providing high quality technical expertise in house and in the field. This role will include the provision of all aspects of service/technical support to our customers and distributor channels in Great Britain. This role would suit someone with ambition and ideas to grow the service side of our business. Salary £40k-£45k, car allowance, pension, private health, life insurance.
- To effectively deliver complete technical service and support for all equipment supported by INTEGRA.
- Address customer questions and repair/service requests by phone and/or email.
- Attend to any calibrations or repairs received in house.
- Recognise and escalate potential issues.
- Accurately complete associated administration and detailed service records for each assignment.
- Initiate necessary system work within INTEGRA SAP/ERP.
- Travel to customer accounts to conduct repairs and preventative maintenance/calibration services.
- Operate equipment in a laboratory environment to analyse malfunctions.
- Arrange all necessary travel and appointment logistics.
- Maintain accurate stock records for all inventory held in house and in field and manage inventory levels to deliver a high first time fix rate.
- Properly communicate to management any questions or concerns recognised in the repair process.
- Engage, consult and share knowledge with direct and indirect team members to find resolutions and contribute towards continuous improvement in system operation and maintenance.
- Represent the Company in a professional and service oriented manner.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications – essential:
- Basic understanding of Electrical and Electronic systems/principles.
- Experience of repairing electrical equipment.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work in a rapid response environment.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Attention to detail – quality process driven.
- Full UK driving licence.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications – desirable:
- Electro-mechanical engineering background supported by a technical qualification (e.g. ONC/NVQ)
- Minimum two years field service role and familiarity with all aspects of customer service including repairs and service.
- Ability to work as part of a highly motivated and driven team.
- Previous experience within the laboratory environment.
Are you interested?
We will be happy to answer your questions at 01635 797000. Please send your application documents electronically to the e-mail address @email.