The compact ASSIST PLUS system offers laboratory automation at an affordable price, using any INTEGRA electronic multichannel pipette to provide hands-free, high throughput, reproducible processing while eliminating repetitive manual pipetting tasks and human errors. Simply mount any INTEGRA electronic multichannel pipette – including the VOYAGER adjustable tip spacing pipette – onto the ASSIST PLUS pipette holder, choose a tip rack, labware and pipetting protocol, and press RUN. The ASSIST PLUS will automatically carry out the pipetting task, leaving you free to walk away.
The ASSIST PLUS pipetting robot is designed to offer exceptional flexibility without the need for dedicated personnel or complex programming, allowing automation of numerous applications, including:
- PCR set-up: Precise pipetting of low volumes is a daily challenge in PCR. Often, samples must be transferred from tubes to plates, a process that can be sped up by using the ASSIST PLUS with a VOYAGER adjustable tip spacing electronic pipette. Even complex pipetting patterns can be easily automated with the intuitive VIALAB software.
- Next generation sequencing: The library preparation process involves repeated purification steps with magnetic beads. The ASSIST PLUS work deck can accommodate three different labware items, including plates, various tube racks and INTEGRA reservoirs. Magnetic stands in standard microplate formats can also be incorporated onto the instrument to allow automation of highly repetitive purification processes, complemented by very low dead volume multichannel reservoirs that minimize reagent waste and reduce costs.
- Cell culture: Sterile working conditions are essential for cell culture applications, and the compact ASSIST PLUS fits into any biosafety cabinet. Combined with a VOYAGER pipette, it allows preparation of 12 to 384 well cell culture plates, using very slow and constant pipetting speeds to avoid shearing, and enables seeding of spheroids for 3D cell culture to be reliably performed.
- Serial dilutions: Precise pipetting of serial dilutions is a prerequisite for accurate cell viability and drug susceptibility assays. The ASSIST PLUS offers easy automation of serial dilutions, even with tip changes between the individual columns.
- ELISAs: The repetitive addition and removal of reagents for ELISAs is a time-consuming process. Automating this process on the ASSIST PLUS helps to free up staff time and increase the reproducibility of the results.